Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Morning Drives

I enjoy my morning journeys to work and I always marvel at the things that I see.

My route to work depends on whether I have to report to my main office or the transfer station. This morning I traveled the roads that took me to the transfer station. This means I got to view some of the Racquette River before entering Norfolk. I made my way through Norfolk and headed out on the Plum Brook Road when the bright orange sun began to peek over the horizon; for all you people who live in Norfolk or nearby, do you know what time the sun came up? I'll give you a hint: I left my house at 5:50 am.

The Plum Brook Road didn't have much activity on it. The adjacent fields had a heavy frost on them. There were spots where water on the road was frozen; I thought my days of worry about ice on roads were over until next year. Not to worry though, I was cautious for the rest of my drive and I didn't encounter anymore ice along way.

Upon entering the Tri-town area, traffic picked up. I guess it must have been people going to work at the plants in Massena. They whizzed by me like I was standing still. That was ok since I was continuing to enjoy the view along the St. Regis River. The river was like a mirror that reflected the sun. It was amazing to see such beauty so early in the morning.

My next stop was Helena. Not much was happening in Helena. Helena has a diner called Bobby I's at the corner of the intersection that I turn at. Of course, Bobby I's was not open, but I always think that I should check it out sometime. It looks like a nice place and I particulary like the fact that they serve Green Mountain coffee; this is evident by the large sign in the window that indicates "We proudly serve Green Mountain Coffee".

I reached the reservation and turn onto Route 37. My next stop was the transfer station. Traffic on 37 was heavier than normal. No problem for me since I was right on track with my schedule to begin my day at work. I arrived at the transfer station promptly at 6:35 am and began to get ready for the day ahead of me.

I'll be going to the transfer station again tomorrow morning. I'll let you know if I see anymore interesting things along the way.

No comments: