Saturday, April 29, 2006

Finding Treasures

You've probably seen those piles of junk at the sides of the roads. The thing that amazes me is that you can find treasures in those piles. I know you may have a hard time believing this, but I know first hand since I've picked through enough of these piles during our spring or fall cleanups on the reservation.

Some of the treasures that I've benefitted from include:
  • brand new golf bag with tags still on - I'm using it today;
  • brand new Yankee Candle that provides a nice cedar & citrus smell in my house;
  • a picture book of the Thousand Islands that reminds me of the wonderful times I had growing up in the Islands;
  • Christmas lights that look great on my tree; and
  • brand new wallpaper that allowed me to bless a friend in need.

Although I won't be picking through any of the piles this year, I will be keeping a watchful eye as the loads come into the transfer station. Let me know if you are in need of any treasures and I may be able to find just what you are looking for.

1 comment:

thisrequiresthought said...

they call it dumpster-dipping.
yup.
and Jason Morris dipped into a Dunkin Donuts dumpster this winter to get enough coupon points to get a free RT ticket to NY!

don't get any ideas, tho.
we're driving the company hybrid to DC next month!