Friday, April 07, 2006

The Object Lesson of a Buzzer

I'm weighing trucks in and out of the transfer station today. A few hours ago a truck came in when we were extremely busy. The truck pulled onto the scale and weighed a whopping 25,000 pounds (12.5 tons). I couldn't let him pull off the scale until the unloading area became free of traffic; the unloading area is approximately 100 feet from the scales and I have perfect view of it.

I use a buzzer to signal to the truck drivers when they can move to the unloading area since I have no way of direct communication with them. Realizing that I can't allow this truck to move forward, I kept my hand away from the buzzer and continued to watch the activities in the unloading area. All the time I'm thinking "how long will the truck driver sit on the scale?" Answer: till he hears the buzzer.
I began to think how much power I had in controling the movement of this 25,000 pound truck; all I needed was to either push the buzzer or not push the buzzer and this truck would respond. Now don't worry that I'm off on a power and control kick here, but I do believe there is an object lesson.
If my choice to push the buzzer or not push buzzer determines the movement of this truck, how much more power do I have as a believer in Jesus Christ? Wow, probably more than I can truly comprehend. The key is for me realize my authority in Jesus and step out in faith to put into action. I step out in faith every time I push the buzzer or not push the buzzer that the trucks will respond accordingly. I need to do the same with Jesus. Nevertheless, there are days when I don't feel like I have power and authority in Jesus. It is during these times that I need constant reminders of who I am in Christ. I'm so thankful that I have the buzzer to remind me of this now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

a very interesting analogy! -Ann

Darlene Sinclair said...

Enjoyed reading your posts; Keep on blogging!!!
Rick Sinclair

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you blogged? Yea!!!

thisrequiresthought said...

we have a lot to learn from garbage.