Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Partrige Dancer

As I was cooking dinner this evening, I looked out of my back window and to my amazement I observed a partridge standing underneath my big pine tree.

My first thought was "this bird would sure taste good for dinner". I began to think how I could sneak outside with my gun and then I realized that all my neighbors would hear the gun shot and probably call the police since hunting season is over with.

I then stood and watched the bird peck at the ground for food. All of sudden, the bird lifted its head and went on alert. For sure, he must have heard something to interrupt his dining experience on my lawn. He then did a 180 and began to walk to the other side of the cabin. I was amazed how he synchronized his head movements with his walk; for sure he should be on broadway as a partridge dancer. Without warning, he immediately stopped and stood attention; not a feather was moving. If I didn't know he was there, I wouldn't have seen him since his colors blended in with the background of the brown grass and he didn't move at all. After five minutes of watching him stand attention, I went back to cooking my dinner. A check on him after dinner showed that he was no where to be found. I suppose that he is on his way to Broadway to audition as a partridge dancer. I wish him luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to imagine your new "friend" dancing.
I am trying to imagine what partrige tastes like.
I am trying to imagine you with your gun! (Look out, birds!)
:) Ann