Sunday, June 11, 2006

Destination - Washington, DC

Yes, you got it...I'm getting set for another trip. This time the trip is for work.

I sit on a committee that advises EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) about environmental issues. I'm the only Tribal representative and I'll be sitting in day long meetings from Tuesday-Thursday. I call them marathon meetings since they usually start at 8 or 9 am and go until 5 or 6 pm. My brain definitely needs a rest after these meetings.

I'm driving the office hybrid vehicle, which is a Toyota Highlander. It won't get as good gas mileage as my hybrid, but it will be interesting to see how it performs.

My good friend, Nancy, will be joining me for the trip. Nancy is an excellent travel companion. Nancy will see as many museums in DC as time permits while I'm in my meetings. I'm not a museum person and this is a good thing since Nancy likes to go off on her own and check things out.

We will leave bright and early tomorrow morning (6:30 am). I guess I better go to bed now so that I'll be awake for the drive.

Check back here for updates or click on the link for Nancy's blog under my links section since we both will be able to post during the trip.

No comments: