Saturday, June 17, 2006

Home

I am home and enjoying the cabin life; for those who don't know, I live in a 4 bedroom log cabin nestled in 20 acres of woods. I love the peace, quiet, and all the animals that roam across my yard.

Today I'll spend trying to weed my flower beds and plant flowers. My busy life and weather have not cooperated to allow me to get this done. One would think that I'm growing a forest of weeds since they have overtaken my flower beds. The weeds will get a surprise when I put on my new garden gloves and begin pulling them out. I just hope that the weather will cooperate. It has already rained this morning and the weather channel tells me that we will be getting more.

Other than weeding, I'll need to buy a father's day present and card. I hope to see my dad tomorrow if he is not out on the St. Lawrence fishing. He has a fishing charter business and this is the opening of bass season. He didn't have a charter booked for tomorrow the last time I spoke to him.

Captain Russ is my dad's name and I think he is pretty cool. He spends most of his days on the boat fishing. He has actually fished 21 days in a row. When you ask him if he ever gets sick of fishing, he tells you no. He also has a motorcycle that he got a couple years ago and rides that around when he doesn't have a fishing pole in his hand. He is cool and I love him very much.

The rain has subsided...I guess I should go attack those weeds. Have a good one.

No comments: