Sunday, May 28, 2006

Arrival - Home















Here are two photos that I found interesting during my trip to Iowa. Do you know anyone by the name of the gas station? Do you also notice anything different about the gas prices other than that they are lower than NY's gas prices?

After 12 days of driving around the country, I finally arrived back home around 7:45 pm. I'm glad to be home and my cats are even happier than I am; they haven't left my side yet.

My arrival time was later than I had expected, but for a great reason. I checked my voice mail as I was driving home from my mom's house and to my surprise I had a message from a friend inviting me to a BBQ at their house. I decided to attend since I the friend's house was within 5 miles of the route home. I had a great time and it was nice to see some of my CFC family.

Upon arriving at home, I unloaded the car. It seemed like it took forever to unload and even longer to unpack everything from my suitcases. I also put away a lot of food that I had taken on the trip and the groceries that I bought on the way home.

I am now ready for a good night sleep.

Keep checking back since I'll be posting more about my trip and include more photos.

2 comments:

Darlene Sinclair said...

I wish I could lay claim to that business! Actually, years ago there was a sign from a Sinclair gas station on Route 56 between Potsdam and Norfolk that had closed long before I was around to see it. I didn't know any still existed. What do you think -- could we prove that we are related -- maybe get in on some oil money? Just wondering...

Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

We all miss you, but are glad you got home safely.
Gas is down to $1.59 here in Creston now! Time to fill up!
Hannah wants you to know that her horse is due to arrive today. She is beside herself with excitement!
Love & blessings,
Susan & all