Thursday, May 18, 2006

Arrival - Port Huron, MI

After a nice visit with friends in Canada, my mom and I arrived in Port Huron, MI last night around 10pm. We checked into a Comfort Inn Hotel and to my surprise the pool and whirlpool were still open; not for long though since they closed the pool area at 11pm. I quickly got to our room, put my brand new bathing suit on, and told mom that I would be back. My tired body really appreciated the warmth and swirling of the whirlpool. I was in bed by 11:30.

I must say that I had a hard time getting up this morning. It was really nice watching TV in the warmth of my bed. As I watched the weather channel, I was glad to see that it is going to be in the 80's today in Iowa. This is a far cry from the chill in the Port Huron area this morning. It is raining and it feels like November in Northern NY.

I need to go for now. I believe that we have another 10-12 hours of driving before we reach our destination - Creston, Iowa. I'll let you know how the corn is doing once I get there.

1 comment:

thisrequiresthought said...

yes, please let us know how the corn is doing. It needs to be "knee-high" by the 4th of July.....

so glad you are relaxing. Whirlpool! How nice.

Did you use your blackberry to post your entry??