Monday, May 08, 2006

I'm At The Sagamore

I'm attending NY State's annual solid waste conference. The conference in held the first week in May every year at the The Sagamore.

This is my first trip to The Sagamore. I must say that it is one of the most beautiful places that I've been at. The Sagamore is located on an island in Bolton Landing, NY. My hotel room consists of a kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom, and a large bathroom. I am currently sitting on my outside deck, which overlooks Lake George. It is wonderful.

The conference kicked off last night with the opening of the vendor show followed by fireworks over Lake George. My friend, Theresa, traveled with me yesterday and she truly enjoyed roaming through the vendor show. She learned a lot about the garbage business and even how her nursing background could be used to help manage medical wastes. We both agreed that the fireworks were the best that we've ever seen.
Theresa went back home this afternoon and I'm left to enjoy The Sagamore and rest of the conference by myself. I'm having fun and learning more about the garbage business, which is always good.

I'll be posting pictures of my trip later in the week when I return home. I'm hopefully that the pictures will display the beauty that I'm seeing.

I'm off to have dinner with my Aunt who I haven't seen in a couple of years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time at the Sagamore!!
I got home in time to go to the T ball game and see Silas get two hits without using the T.. I left during the game to pick Blanche up from her college class and drop her off at Lifeguarding. I am now off to get her from the pool as she is done... I guess this means that I am back in Mommy mode - but I sure enjoyed the days of being a famous garbage mogul. The boys liek the trash trucks!!!
Love, Theresa
Theresa